Today I want to explain to you one of the most accurate trading strategies – Oops. This pattern was developed by legendary trader Larry Williams. Nothing works 100% correct in the market. But 70 – 80% is the high accuracy. Certainly, a lot depends on how you manage your money. Therefore, using the same strategy, traders get different results. But we will talk about money management later.
What is behind the Oops pattern? Trading strategy basics
It is very easy to identify oops pattern in the chart:
- The daily candle opens below the previous day’s low.
- Or when the daily candle opens above the previous trading day’s high.
Here is how oops pattern works for a buy (opposite is valid for sell)
- First of all, I would like to pay your attention that this pattern works for stocks and commodities. Next, we look for instruments that have been in a downtrend for at least a few days. In other words, the oops strategy gives the best accuracy in the accumulation phase, when big players are trying to wash out retailers. Sometimes oops pattern happened during Wyckoff Spring. No need to look for an oops if the market is bouncing in the channel. It will not work simply.
- During the last stage of the downtrend, the market needs to gap down way below yesterday’s low. This is the next stage of oops formation.
- As the market revalues news, the price starts rising and crosses yesterday’s low. This is the buy signal and a long trade should be initiated here.
- The Stop-Loss is below the low of the same day.
OOPS Trading Strategy. Most essential pattern by Inna Rosputnia
Wishing you a great week!
Want To Make Your Trading More Profitable?
Subscribe to get free research, trading lessons, and more insights.
(We do not share your data with anybody, and only use it for its intended purpose)